TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 1, 2012) -
Editors Note: There are three photos associated with this press release.
BMO Bank of Montreal, the Bank of Soccer in Canada, today announced the launch of the BMO Major League Soccer MasterCard program with Canada's three Canadian Major League Soccer (MLS) franchises: Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
The new BMO MLS team credit cards give soccer fans all the benefits of a regular BMO credit card, including convenience, security and loyalty rewards, plus the pride of showing their support for their favourite Major League Soccer team every time they make a purchase.
"Being field-side at the games with the fans, we know how dedicated they are to their teams. BMO partnering with MLS to offer these new cards means that along with their favourite team jerseys and scarves, soccer fans can now also sport their team's name and crest on their BMO credit card," said Nick Mastromarco, Director, BMO Bank of Montreal. "Supporting Major League Soccer is an important part of BMO's commitment to investing in our communities. Our customers are passionate about their MLS soccer teams and so are we."
"BMO MLS team cardholders also have the benefit of being able to choose a low-interest rate option for their credit card, and still collect the loyalty rewards of their choice," added Mastromarco.
"More people play soccer in Canada than any other sport. Its popularity is huge and growing. BMO's support of soccer covers the entire spectrum, from grassroots youth teams through our national BMO Team of the Week program, to sponsorship of national and professional teams," said Sandy Bourne, VP, Corporate Marketing, BMO Financial Group. "Being the Bank of Soccer allows us to connect with our customers' passion for the game and be part of their soccer community, both locally and nationally," said Ms Bourne.
BMO and Major League Soccer:
- Fans who show their game ticket and BMO credit or debit card can enjoy BMO's Power of Blue program at all home MLS matches. This can include an exclusive stadium entrance for BMO customers to get them into the game faster, a chance to participate in the official coin toss before the game, a chance to win seat upgrades or a $50 food and beverage voucher, and other perks depending on the home team.
- Soccer fans can participate in the "BMO Free Kick." Before every MLS home game, fans can test the speed of their kick and compare it to professional players.
- BMO is the premier partner and jersey sponsor of Toronto FC, supporting the team since its 2007 inaugural season. Toronto FC plays at BMO Field, where BMO is the naming rights sponsor of the stadium. BMO's "Kickin' with TFC" is a youth program that helps kids fundraise for their club and take part in exciting pregame activities. Through the BMO Ultimate Fan contest, BMO awards four fans a pair of tickets for great seats at each Toronto FC home game.
- BMO is the premier sponsor of the Montreal Impact, which made its debut in 2012. BMO proudly has its logo displayed on their jersey and sponsors the "Team Up with the Impact" program, supporting youth soccer players from the grassroots and up.
- As the first Founding Partner of Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2006, BMO sponsors the "Kickin with the 'Caps program," integrating youth soccer players into each home match, while providing British Columbian soccer clubs with the opportunity to fund raise.
"BMO's commitment to MLS and the sport of soccer in Canada has been incredible," said David Wright, Senior Vice President of Global Sponsorship for Major League Soccer. "They are an organization that truly understands the power of the world's most popular sport."
Soccer fans can get their favourite team's BMO Major League Soccer MasterCard application at www.bmo.com/mls or at their BMO branch. Or, if they are attending any home game in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver they can complete an application at the game.
BMO: the Bank of Soccer in Canada
BMO supports soccer across Canada from youth players in local neighbourhoods and communities to the professional level. Our deep commitment to "The Beautiful Game" is evident from the beginning of the curve with our grassroots sponsorship of more than 900 youth teams nationally. For the second year, BMO is running the Team of the Week, a contest to reward youth teams across the country with a grand prize that includes $125,000 to refurbish their local soccer field, and $5,000 to award to the charity of their choice. The relationship continues with our support of the Canadian Soccer Association through to our support of Canada's three professional teams in MLS.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links: