Media Advisory: Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Increasingly Important to Growth of Canadian Economy
Successful small and medium sized enterprise clients and BMO experts available to comment on how they overcame roadblocks to business success
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 25, 2012) - Today, hundreds of members of Financial Executives International (FEI)-Ontario, will meet to discuss how small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) can drive future economic growth in Canada. BMO is sponsoring the annual conference, being held in Mississauga.
The Canadian Federal government estimates that SMEs now account for 45 per cent of GDP, 60 per cent of all jobs in the economy and 75 per cent of net employment growth.
SMEs, defined as having between 100 and 500 employees, have become increasingly important contributors to Canada's economic health. "Compared to large corporations, these businesses tend to be more flexible, resourceful and innovative," said Eric Hart, Director, BMO Corporate Cards. "However, business owners report being time starved and are always looking for more efficient ways to manage their business so they can capitalize on these strengths."
Successful business owners and BMO experts are available to provide insights on improving efficiencies to free up time to drive sales and raise revenue. Topics they can discuss include:
- Reducing the cost and frustration of expense administration
- Increasing insight into spend, to negotiate better rates, set appropriate limits and manage overall business spending and cash flow
- Simplifying expense tracking and reporting
- Using online tools to streamline administrative processes
- Financing their business growth and partnering with a commercial banker
- Staying flexible and nimble in today's highly competitive and slower growth economy
|Spokespeople Available for Commentary
- Tracy Makris, President and Co-Owner, Bryson & Associates Insurance Brokers
- Shawn Rondeau, President and Owner, Peterborough Iron & Metal Inc.
- Jason Cameron, Senior Commercial Account Manager, BMO Bank of Montreal
- Eric Hart, Director, Product Management, Implementation & Service, BMO Corporate Cards
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at July 31, 2012, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
For media enquiries:
BMO Bank of Montreal
Ralph Marranca, Toronto
Carol Greene, Toronto