Wave the Rainbow Flag: BMO Celebrates Pride Month
BMO sponsors and participates in multiple Pride events throughout the month of June
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 19, 2012) - BMO Financial Group will again be actively celebrating Pride Month.
"BMO has been a proud sponsor and participant in Pride for years," said Richard Rudderham, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, BMO Financial Group. "It is an important celebration of diversity, and 'Embrace Diversity' is one of BMO's values. Having an inclusive environment and demonstrating support for our transgender, bisexual, lesbian, and gay (LGBT) colleagues and customers is an important part of how we live that value."
For Pride month:
- LGBT Retirement Planning. On June 19, BMO will host a special Retirement Planning session for LGBT customers. Led by Dr. Amy D'Aprix, BMO Life Transition Expert, the session will focus on some of the unique issues and financial challenges the LGBT community faces, including estate planning, care giving, and retirement living.
- Pride and Remembrance Run. BMO is again lead sponsor of the Pride and Remembrance Run being held on June 30. Team BMO, comprising dozens of BMO employees, will participate in the run, which has raised $750,000 for dozens of Toronto charities since it was launched in 1996.
- Starry Night Gala. BMO will be a lead sponsor of Starry Night, The 519 Church Street Community Centre's annual charity Pride gala being held on June 28. This popular 'must-attend' party drew almost 3,000 people last year.
- Buddies in Bad Times. BMO is also the lead corporate sponsor of Buddies and Bad Times Theatre. This year during June, Buddies is holding Queer Pride 2012 -- a community-focused festival of queer comedy, theatre, art, music, and parties.
Leading up to Pride month
- CLIMAX Fundraiser. On May 27, BMO Financial Group, with 103.9 PROUD FM, sponsored the third annual CLIMAX: The Canadian Live Intimate Art and Music Experience! At the event, BMO presented a $10,000 donation to Toronto PFLAG. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays promotes the health and well-being of LGBT persons, their families and friends.
- Transgender Awareness Panel. On May 17, to mark International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, BMO hosted a Transgender Awareness event at its Church and Alexander branch in downtown Toronto with employees and guest speakers from the LGBT community. The event was organized by the employee resource group, BMO Pride, to raise awareness about the needs of trans-identified customers and employees.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly-diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $525 billion as at April 30, 2012, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
BMO Financial Group
Ralph Marranca, Toronto
Carol Greene, Toronto