BMO Again Named One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
Strong culture of inclusiveness fosters employee growth and success
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 10, 2012) - BMO Financial Group has been selected as one of Canada's "Top 100 Employers for 2013" by Mediacorp Canada Inc., in its annual ranking of Canada's best workplaces.
"BMO's strength is driven by the remarkable talent and creativity of our employees, and their commitment to deliver exceptional customer experiences every single day," said Lynn Roger, Chief Talent Officer, BMO Financial Group.
"Being recognized as a Top 100 employer validates our belief that we can only succeed – and attract and keep skilled and passionate employees – if we create a workplace that welcomes diversity, encourages innovation, and provides tools, training and support to equip employees to perform at their very best."
The bank received particularly high marks in these categories:
- Training & Skills Development, A+
- Community Involvement, A+
- Financial Benefits and Compensation, A+
- Employee Engagement, A
- Physical Workplace, A
In particular, judges noted:
- Ongoing employee development through subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation, as well as hundreds of course offerings through the bank's impressive Institute for Learning in Toronto.
- Progressive, flexible policies to accommodate employees with disabilities, and accessible workspaces.
- Inclusive practices and policies, and managers trained to lead innovative, diverse teams.
- Retirement planning assistance that helps older workers prepare for life after work, generous contributions to a defined benefit pension plan, and health coverage that extends into retirement (with no age limit).
- An enlightened sick-day policy through which employees can apply for personal days off (called People Care Days) that may be used for everything from moving to extended family responsibilities.
- Multiple employee volunteer days, where employees are given time away from work to give back to their local community.
A full explanation of the editorial reasons for BMO's selection can be found at Eluta, Canada's Top 100 Employers' job search engine, at the following link: http://www.eluta.ca/top-employer-bank-of-montreal.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at July 31, 2012, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
News Media Contacts:
Valerie Doucet, Montreal
Laurie Grant, Vancouver