BMO Financial Group named by Waterstone Human Capital as a Best-in-Class Canadian Company; recognized for the positive way it engages its employees
TORONTO, Nov. 23, 2017 /CNW/ - BMO Financial Group has been named one of the 2017 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital, a leading executive search firm specializing in recruiting for fit and cultural talent management.
The award is presented annually to companies that demonstrate exemplary performance in vision and leadership; recruitment and hiring for fit; cultural alignment and measurement; retention; rewards and recognition; organizational performance; and corporate social responsibility.
"It's important for companies to have a strong sense of who they are, what they stand for and how everyone works together," said Darryl White, CEO of BMO Financial Group. "We foster a workplace where diverse perspectives are sought out, where opportunities to grow and develop are available to all and where we make it a priority to give back. For all of these reasons our culture is strong and enables our performance and growth."
"What's remarkable about this dynamic list of 2017 winners is their commitment to culture as a competitive advantage. They truly set the benchmark for cultivating, and sustaining, great cultures that ultimately drive their growth and performance," said Marty Parker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Waterstone Human Capital and Chair of Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures. "The 2017 winning organizations are to be admired for the diverse and impactful ways they make sure culture underpins all that makes them successful."
BMO's culture is shaped by its core values of diversity, empathy, integrity and responsibility. BMO is widely recognized for its commitment to gender equality – the bank was a founding signatory of the Catalyst Accord and is one of only nine organizations to twice win the prestigious Catalyst Award, given to employers that show bold initiative in promoting career and leadership development for women.
Other 2017 Awards
- For the second year in a row, BMO was named as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada.
- BMO Financial Group was named a 2017 Gender Equality Award winner by the United Nations' Global Compact Canada Network. The award recognizes BMO's industry-leading efforts in implementing enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
- BMO is one of only 52 firms globally to be included in the 2017 Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index, which measures an organization's strong commitment to gender equality.
- Earlier this year, BMO was ranked #19 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive companies in the world by Thomson Reuters in their annual Diversity & Inclusion Index – the highest ranked Canadian financial institution, and the only one in the top 50.
- For the fourth year in a row, Corporate Knights has named BMO to the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
About Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures:
This national program, now in its 14th year, annually recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having cultures that enhance performance and help sustain a competitive advantage. Forty winners are chosen across four categories; three are based on revenue (growth, mid-market and enterprise) and one not-for-profit category (broader public sector).
Organizations' submissions are scored on six categories: vision and leadership, recruitment and hiring for fit, cultural alignment and measurement, retention, rewards and recognition, organizational performance and corporate social responsibility. The Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures program creates a benchmark of success for all those who are nominated.
For more information please visit CanadasMostAdmired.com
About BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $709 billion as of July 31, 2017, and more than 45,000 employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group